Emily May Rosé, Limestone Coast 2019
$19.95 inc GST
♥ Vegan Friendly
♥ Low in sulphur
♥ Dry wine
“Beautifully made and quite delicious.” Nick Butler, The Real Review 2019
Koonara is the name of our property in Coonawarra which has been in our family for over 100 years, and where my Gran – Emiline May Reschke – lived until she was 99.
Accomplished dressmaker and designer, teacher, bridge and scrabble guru, and professional floral artist.
Here’s to you Gran.
“Oh, spectacular sangiovese. The Italian red variety was treated with the love and respect it deserves in this demure rosé. It’s an alluring pale pink, pretty, poised, playful, and complex – like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Delicate waves of strawberries and cream, cherry and raspberries dance around a sturdy, dry backbone. The wine is named after Dru Reschke’s gran, Emiline May Reschke – a fitting tip of the hat to a woman who lived until the ripe old age of 99.”
5 stars, Katie Spain, Wine Writer, The Adelaide Advertiser, 2019
Trophy for ‘Norlift Best Rosé in Show’ at the Cairns Wine Show 2019
95 points, Nick Butler, The Real Review 2019
4.5 stars, Winestate Magazine 2019
Critics Review: Trophy winning Rosé
Our Emily May Rosé 2019 vintage was awarded:
- Trophy for ‘Norlift Best Rosé in Show’ at the Cairns Wine Show 2019
- 5 Stars, Katie Spain, Wine Writer, The Adelaide Advertiser, 2019
- “Lovely translucent pink colour, attractive strawberry & floral aromas with a nice crisp tasty palate with a very appealing finish. IDEAL SUMMER WINE!!” – Dan Traucki, June 2019
- “The palest of pinks in colour, let’s call it salmon. Overt strawberries and maraschino cherries on the nose – musk and rosewater – certainly very expressive. Soft and subtle on the palate; strawberries and cream but no hint of confection. Beautifully made and quite delicious.” 95 points, Nick Butler, The Real Review 2019
- 4.5 stars Winestate Magazine, 2019
Our Emily May Rosé 2018 vintage was awarded:
Gold / 97 points International Cool Climate Awards Wine Show 2018
5 star Gold Huon Hooke – Wine Writer
Our Emily May Rosé 2017 vintage was awarded:
Trophy for Best Rose at the Sydney Royal Wine Show 2017
Trophy for The Stewards Annual Prize at the Sydney Royal Wine Show 2017
Gold Sydney Royal Wine Show 2017 KPMG
Gold Melbourne International Wine Competition 2017
Gold International Cool Climate Wine Show 2017 – Class 23
Our Emily May Rosé 2016 vintage was awarded:
Trophy for Best Rose of Show at the Australian Cool Climate Wine Show
12% Alc/Vol – 7.1 Standard drinks
Drinking beautifully now.
I had a glass of this beautiful Rose at Piper's in Ballarat and fell in love. I also appreciate the practises that Koonara Wines implement such as organically grown and low sulphur as it ensures I also don't get any allergic reactions. Thank you!
Ordering process online was easy use and delivery was prompt. Delicious vegan friendly wines.
Bought 6 bottles, one have 1 left!
Think that says it all really... wish I'd bought a few dozen!
A lovely, juicy, dry, good value for money winner! Rated the 2018 Vintage.
Rated the 2016 Vintage.