Coonawarra Cabernet Celebrations month is here, and we’re absolutely thrilled. Why? Because it gives us the perfect excuse to gush about our newest showstopper: Our 2020 Ambriel’s Gift Cabernet Sauvignon. Buckle up, ’cause we’re diving deep into its divine decadence.
Who’s Ambriel and What’s The Gift? ????
Trivia buffs, here’s a nugget for your next dinner party: Ambriel is the angel of communication. And let us tell you, this wine speaks volumes. Harvested from the OG (read: old gem) organic vineyard, our Ambriel’s Gift Cabernet tells a tale of passion and, some might even say… celestial flavour.
Organically Grown, Passionately Produced:
At the heart of Koonara Wines is a commitment to the earth and the magic it can produce. Our Ambriel’s Gift Cabernet isn’t just another bottle on the shelf; it’s a culmination of dedication to sustainable and organic practices. Sourced from our Coonawarra-certified organic vineyards, every grape that contributes to this rich Cabernet has been nurtured without synthetic chemicals, artificial fertilizers, or pesticides. It’s a good bugs eat bad bugs situation combined with bloody good soil health.
Setting the Mood – Ambriel’s Gift Cabernet Sauvignon
Every wine, especially a Coonawarra Cabernet like Ambriel’s Gift, deserves the right ambience. While you engage with the wine’s sight, smell, and taste, don’t forget about sound. The right playlist can elevate your wine experience to another level.
At Koonara Wines, we’ve curated specific Spotify playlists to complement your wine-drinking moments. Whether you’re unwinding after a long day or hosting a dinner party, there’s a soundtrack ready for you. Dive into our playlists on Spotify and discover the perfect backdrop for enjoying our Ambriel’s Gift Cabernet Sauvignon. Our favourite playlist is drinking Cabernet (obviously), but we also love Koonara Dinner Party and with over 200 playlists safe to say we have you covered!
A Taste Odyssey ????
Close your eyes and picture a sultry dance between lush fruits – blackcurrant, mulberry, and plum. Now, throw in a plot twist with smoky chocolate, a splash of mint, and a sneaky wisp of vanilla. Each sip is a party for your mouth that you’ll never want to leave.
Perfect Pairings: What’s on the Menu?
Great wine deserves great food. Ambriel’s Gift Cabernet Sauvignon is like that friend who gets along with everyone. Red meats, robust cheeses, and, for the bold – a chunk of luscious dark chocolate. And since we adore playing matchmaker, check out this delectable recipe we’ve paired just for this Cabernet. Think tender lamb bathed in a rich, chocolate-infused red wine sauce.
The Test of Time: Cellaring Potential
Think Ambriel’s Gift is ravishing now? Give it a moment. This beauty is set to age gracefully, peaking by 2037. But if patience isn’t your strong suit (absolutely no judgment), it’s drinking delightfully right now and ready for your glass tonight.
What the Critics Say… ????
We’re not ones to name-drop, but when the critics are singing praises, it’s hard to stay humble. Our Ambriel’s Gift Cabernet Sauvignon has always made waves, getting nods for its classic Coonawarra demeanour and rich, layered flavours.
What you guys have been saying about our Ambriel’s Gift Cabernet Sauvignon:
James said: Love the Cab Sav, and the fact it not only tastes great but is also grown in a certified organic vineyard. Proud of you guys
Denise said: Received your product as a gift from family and was impressed with quality and taste. Hence my reason for ordering and to date have not tried other wines included in my order. Your low sulphites was a draw card as I have allergies.
We love hearing from you, so if you’ve had the pleasure of tasting our Ambriel’s Gift Cabernet Sauvignon, please be sure to share your review on our website. We also love it when you take photos and share them on social media too. You can find us on Instagram @koonara_wines or over on Facebook @koonarawines
Use the hashtags #koonarawines #AmbrielsGift to showcase your wine moments!
Sure, we’re a little biased, but this Cabernet is a headliner, a showstopper, the crème de la crème. Whether you’re a Cabernet connoisseur or a casual sipper, our Ambriel’s Gift Cabernet Sauvignon is the bee’s knees.
So, what are you waiting for? Dive into the deep, intoxicating world of Coonawarra Cabernet with Ambriel’s Gift as your tasty guide.
Braised Lamb, Red Wine Chocolate Sauce
- Lamb shanks x4
- Red onion small
- Celery 2 stalks
- 1 Carrot
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 Star Anise
- 300mls Red Wines
- 500mls Beef Stock
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 20g Dark Chocolate
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (approx 800g)
- 1 bunch Kale leaves only
- 40g Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Add lamb back in and simmer for a couple minutes, coating lamb with the sauce Sweet Potatoes Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 2cm pieces 2. Boil in salted water until soft (approx. 12-15 minutes) 3. Remove from water, allow the steam to evaporate for a minute. 4. Add butter and mash – I like to keep mine slightly chunky to add texture to the dish Kale 1. Fry kale for 2-3 minutes with olive oil and seasoning in a hot pan
- Dice the onion, carrot, chili and celery into small even sized pieces, Pop to the side.
- Season the lamb and sear in a hot oven-proof pan with olive oil – 8 minutes
- Remove the lamb from pan and cook the diced vegetables until soft – 2/3 minutes
- Add anise, stock & red wine. Bring to a simmer, add lamb and cover. Cook in the oven @ 150c for approx. 90 minutes or until lamb is falling off the bone
- Remove from the oven – discard the anise and remove the lamb, cover and keep warm
- Add the chocolate and reduce the sauce by ½ (approx. 15-20 minutes) and blend until smooth. Add lamb back in and simmer for a couple minutes, coating lamb with the sauce
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 2cm pieces. The boil in salted water until soft (approx. 12-15 minutes)
- Remove from water, allow the steam to evaporate for a minute. Add butter and mash – I like to keep mine slightly chunky to add texture to the dish
- Fry kale for 2-3 minutes with olive oil and seasoning in a hot pan
- Plate up the sweet potato mash first, then add Lamb Shank and drizzle over sauce. Serve kale to the side and pour a glass of red wine and enjoy.